The witcher 3 players have known for a while that another update for the game is on the way, and this update was released this week. For PC players who have been asking about this update hoping it will fix some of the issues they’ve been experiencing on that platform, the patch notes for the February 2nd update contain changes specifically aimed at the PC version of the game as well as some that are for console players only.
Aside from these platform-specific changes, the patch also contains some fixes for quests, gameplay, and localization issues. You can see all of these changes detailed in the patch notes below:
- Fixed an issue where the Screen Space Reflections setting was not working on the PC even though it was enabled. Players who previously had their SSR setting set to high may notice a performance impact.
- Added a new performance mode for global lighting with ray tracing, which can be switched by players with compatible hardware. It improves frame rate by prioritizing performance over reach and precision.
- Fixed an issue where consoles could make a higher number of saves than the set limit, resulting in various issues with saving the game or resetting user settings.
- Improved quality of Screen Space Reflections on next-gen consoles.
- Optimized global lighting with ray tracing on next gen consoles to improve the performance of the ray tracing mode.
Quests and gameplay – Available on all platforms
- Battle Preparations – Fixed an issue where it was impossible to communicate with Avallac’h during the objective “Inform Avallac’h everything is ready.”
- Family Matters – Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash during the transition to Ciri’s Story: Out of the Shadows when speaking to the Bloody Baron.
- King’s Gambit – Fixed an issue where it was impossible to participate in the fistfight with the second Vildkaarl due to an invisible obstacle.
- Wine Wars: Belgaard – Added a retrofix to the issue we fixed in 4.00 where the quest could not be completed if the player destroyed one of the required monster nests during exploration.
- A Dangerous Game – The armor in Caesar’s room should now change appearance when the alternate Nilfgaardian armor is powered up.
- Axii Puppet – Increased health and damage dealt by the puppet.
- Adrenaline Rush Mutation should now work as described.
- Various minor fixes for quests and cutscenes.
Localization- Available on all platforms
- Fixed several issues with Arabic localization.
- Added the localized versions of Orianna’s song “Lullaby of Woe” in Korean and Simplified Chinese.
- Priscilla’s lip sync animation adapted to her Simplified Chinese voiceover during the song “The Wolves Storm”.