Evil Dead: The Game – a game that’s already gotten its fair share of DLC and added additional content through free updates – got something new again this week with an update that added a Battle Royale mode game mode. Fittingly enough, it’s called “Splatter Royale” and sees players compete against 39 other Deadites until only one person is left to be the winner. The Splatter Royale update came with other things like free weapons and outfits, along with some premium cosmetics and balance changes.
However, the Splatter Royale mode is by far the main attraction of the update, and if you’ve been in Battle Royale modes at all, it seems pretty easy to figure out. You can check out the patch notes for that and other parts of the update below:
- New mode: Splatter Royale.
- Splatter Royale is our newest game mode and our spin on battle royale! You fight up to 40 players as Deadites versions of your favorite characters, and it’s all a mess.
New free content
- New weapons: grenade launcher and scythe.
- New Free Outfit: Pablo’s Kandarian Facelift.
New Premium Content
You can purchase the following in the Immortal Power Bundle DLC:
- New Survivor: Ruby.
- Pablo’s Fish and Chips outfit.
- Ash’s party animal outfit.
- Kelly’s Scourge of Evil outfit.
- Puppeteer Demon Class: King of the White Frost outfit.
Survivor Rush Meta
- The vehicle’s health bars have been reduced by 100 points to make them easier to break.
- Enhanced Survivors Fear Reduction is increased by an additional 5% from level 1 to 5 to a maximum of 55%.
- Ash’s Support Reassuring presence range increased from 5m to 6m.
- Blacksmith’s Weapon Master’s melee damage dropped from .25 to .2.
- Reduced Mia’s Uncontrollable Level 1 damage from 0.2 to 0.1.
- Mia’s uncontrollable level 2 damage dropped from .25 to .15.
- Cheryl’s Contact Courage anxiety reduction by Shemps dropped from 25 to 15.
- The strength of the Warlord Possession upgrade’s balance bar increased by an additional 10% from level 3 to 5 for a maximum of 45%.
- Increased the strength of the Puppeteer Possession upgrade’s balance bar by an additional 5% from level 3 to 5 for a maximum of 40%.
- The power of the balance bar’s Necromancer Possession upgrade has been increased by an additional 5% from level 3 to 5 for a maximum of 25%.
- Increased the strength of the Plaguebringer Possession upgrade’s balance bar by an additional 5% from level 3 to 5 for a maximum of 40%.
- Demon Vision has turned into Demon Powers.
- Upgrading Demon Powers costs threat level 5 and 1 point at level 2 and threat level 10 and 1 point at level 3.
- Increased chance for Pit Deadite AI to use Filthy Splatter.
- Increased chance for Plagued Skeleton AI to use Vicious Cycle.
- Increased chance for teased Skeleton AI to double pierce.
- Increased invulnerability time for units after spawning from a portal from 0.5s to 1s.
- Henrietta can now cancel basic attacks with a meteor strike.
- NEW Demonic Dash energy gains at level 1 (15), level 2 (30), and level 3 (50).
- NEW Demonic Dash extra fear produced at level 1 (5), level 2 (10), and level 3 (25).
- NEW Demonic Dash Cooldown Reduction on level 1 (5%), level 2 (10%) and level 3 (20%).
- Warlord’s total attack frequency (maximum active skill level) has been increased from 0.25 to 0.35.
- Henrietta’s health increased from 5000 to 5600.
- Henrietta’s balance increased from 900 to 1000.
- Henrietta’s Meteor Attack CD dropped from 20 to 15 seconds.
- Henrietta’s damage to the book dropped from 0.75 to 0.65.
- Deadite Elite Possessed health increased from 3000 to 3300.
- Deadite Elite Possessed balance increased from 525 to 600.
- Reduced Deadite Elite Possessed damage to book from 0.75 to 0.65.
- Plagued Skeleton Double Pierce Attack Base damage increased from 200 to 220.
- The energy costs of the boiler have increased from 0.2 to 0.25.
- Players can no longer remove the foliage.
- Note: Editing game files is against our Terms of Service. This action may result in a suspension or permanent ban.
- Portraits are updated in the match and lobby based on the player’s outfit.
- If the player presses the X button when accepting the invitation in the collection, the “Show character” screen can no longer be locked.
- It is no longer possible to display a text placeholder when the Demon player gains experience after the survivors collect each objective.
- AI Survivors now move more smoothly around objects and fences in standalone mode.
- AI survivors will be able to better attack the enemies in the Necronomicon stage.
- The parts of the map now have the correct lighting.
- The Storm is now correctly displayed on the minimap.
- The string “cost” in challenge skip is now translated to all languages.
- The Survivor model stops running when he is shot during the demonic possession animation.
- The player no longer partially loses input when getting into a car before Art Scene starts in Mission 4.
- Mia’s active ability is now blocked during possession and cannot be activated by the demon.
- The Deadites counterattack deals damage again.
- The demon can no longer activate Mia’s active ability if she presses the ability button at the same time as the possession animation.
- Deadites no longer spawn outside map boundaries while collecting Objective on the Remington Rapids Map.
- “Spend Sprite Points” input no longer hangs when the player navigates to another tab while pressing it.
- Now, after ending a special attack while pressing another input, the camera blends more smoothly.
- Now, Survivors vault windows with the correct animation in the Army of Darkness map.
- Improved survivor animations when aiming.
- Different solutions for picking up items and getting stuck.