Scarlet Witch looks absolutely stunning on a new variation of the front cover Avengers #1. Writer Jed MacKay and Marvel’s Stormbreaker artist CF Villa form the new creative team Avengerstaking over after Jason Aaron concluded his multi-year run at the title with the Gather Avengers crosswalk. The new volume of Avengers comes as Marvel prepares to celebrate the 60th anniversary of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. Marvel releases several covers for Avengers #1 all week long, and the latest cover comes from Derrick Chew and features Scarlet Witch.
Wanda Maximoff has evolved since her “No More Mutants” days, dying and then being resurrected as part of the X-Men’s Hellfire Gala/Trial of Magneto. Scarlet Witch also has a new ongoing series from writer Steve Orlando and artist Sara Pichelli. She will be joining this new Avengers lineup, which includes her ex-husband, Vision. Fans will want to see if old sparks fly again, or if old wounds resurface. The Derrick Kauwhoes for Avengers #1 is offered as a virgin variety. On Wednesday, February 8, another variant of the cover will be revealed.
Avengers writer shares excitement about series
“I’m extremely excited for the latest chapter of Avengers with my old one Black cat teammate CF Villa!” Jed MacKay said in a statement. “Growing up with the Avengers, as a kid going through their 60s and 70s heroics, and getting the chance to chart the course of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes is a thrill , especially from the street level and/or weird niche I’ve worked in over the years. This is big, loud Avengers stuff – nothing in this story should ever feel small or unimportant, and our lineup reflects that. Heavy hitters and iconic Avengers are at the forefront – The Tribulation Events are coming, and only the Avengers can handle them.”
You can find Derrick Chew’s variant of Avengers #1 below, along with a description of the series. The issue goes on sale May 17.
- AVENGERS #1
- Written by JED MACKAY
- Art by CF VILLA
- Cover by STUART IMMONEN
- Scarlet Witch Variant Cover by DERRICK CHEW
- Scarlet Witch Virgin Variant Cover by DERRICK CHEW
- On sale 5/17
- Fans got a first glimpse of MacKay’s overarching AVENGERS plan last month in the year-ending one-shot, TIMELESS. Readers followed Kang in his pursuit of the unattainable “MISSING MOMENT,” an ambitious quest that brought him into direct conflict with the Twilight Court, a band of strange superheroes led by the mysterious Myrddin. Now a dangerous game is underway and the prize is greater than anything you can imagine… Enter the AVENGERS! Will they be able to prevail in the face of the Tribulation events and uncover the truth behind these earth-shattering threats? Or will they be reduced to mere pawns in an extraordinary plan beyond their comprehension?
- In addition to awe-inspiring new villains and never-before-seen architects of the cosmos, the upcoming saga will intertwine insurmountable stakes and drama as the Avengers’ new missions take a heavy toll on the team’s trust in each other. The Tribulation Events will challenge the Avengers in bold ways, forcing them to prove beyond doubt that they are the most powerful force in the Marvel Universe. It all kicks off with a bang in May’s AVENGERS #1 as the Avengers confront Terminus and prepare for the first of the Tribulation Events: THE FALL OF THE IMPOSSIBLE CITY!
- Avengers #1 Negative Space Variant cover with vision revealed
- Marvel pays tribute to George Perez with new variant covers
- Scarlet Witch’s new comic officially introduces a fan-favorite MCU character
- Marvel’s Scarlet Witch series debuts with a WandaVision-inspired variant cover
- Quantumania Gets Marvel Comics Covers Tie-In