Duo collaborated with Jovem Guarda and composed great hits of Brazilian popular music
Erasmo and Roberto used the same stage name and spent their lives together
King Robert Carlos said goodbye to the friend Erasmo Carlos on his social networks this Tuesday evening, 22. Erasmo died in the afternoon at the age of 81. Roberto and Erasmo were great partners in Jovem Guarda. Together they made some of the greatest classics MPB like “I want everything to go to hell”, “Sly kitten”, “How big is my love for you”, “If you think”, “Your stupidity”, among others. “My pain is very great, I don’t even know how to say everything I think about my dear friend, my big brother. My idol for everything, for his loyalty, his intelligence, his kindness, for everything I know about him. A great man my brother. It is a privilege for me to have such a friend, such a brother all these years. Hard to find words to talk about this man: my friend Erasmo Carlos. He will always remain in my heart. May our God of kindness always protect and bless you. Amen, amen, amen,” Roberto wrote on Instagram.
- From bonding with Tim Maia to Jovem Guarda: Think Erasmo Carlos’ career
- Singer Erasmo Carlos dies at the age of 81 in Rio de Janeiro
- Mom of celebrity presenter reveals she dated Erasmo Carlos
- Erasmo Carlos vigil will be closed to family and close friends
- Authorities and celebrities pay tribute to Erasmo Carlos: ‘Teacher of multiple artists’