After Iron Man star Robert Downey Jr. had shaved his head for a new HBO series titled The sympathizer, DC fans realized the new bald look would make him the perfect Lex Luthor. Facial hair naturally became one of Robert Downey Jr.’s signature looks. as Tony Stark, the billionaire playboy philanthropist who also moonlights as Iron Man. Downey famously stopped playing Iron Man in 2019 Avengers: endgame, sacrificing himself to stop the Mad Titan Thanos. While fans wait to see if Robert Downey Jr. really ready as Iron Man, his new bald look is enough to drive fanboys wild as the new DC Universe Lex Luthor.
Robert Downey Jr. recruited his two sons Exton and Indio to help him shave his head The sympathizer, an adaptation of the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel of the same name by Viet Thanh Nguyen. Described as a cross-cultural satire about a half-French, half-Vietnamese communist spy’s struggles during the closing days of the Vietnam War and his ensuing exile in the United States. Downey’s multiple roles will represent a different branch of the American establishment. The sympathizer is being made in collaboration with A24 for HBO with Park Chan-wook (Oldboy, the maidservant) and Don McKellar (Exotica, Last night) both serve as showrunners.
Read on to get a glimpse of what fans are saying about Robert Downey Jr. who looks like the DC villain Lex Luthor.
Photo credit Emma McIntyre/WireImage via Getty
- Watch the children of Robert Downey Jr. shaving his head for a new project
- Robert Downey Jr. HBO series The Sympathizer confirms cast
- DC Fan Edits Robert Downey Jr. until Superman returns as Lex Luthor
- Robert Downey Jr’s Documentary About His Father Trailer Released By Netflix
- Ironheart star Dominique Thorne reveals important advice she received from Robert Downey Jr