The Renault Megane RS Ultime bids farewell to the petrol-powered hot hatch – and the last high-performance Renault Sport-badged car – with production ending this year.
- 2023 Renault Megane RS Ultime Prices and Specs
- Unique exterior graphics and colors
- Limited to 1976 pieces worldwide, only 40 come to Australia
- Starting at $67,500 plus road charges
Renault has announced prices and specifications for the 2023 Renault Megane RS Ultimate – the hot hatch, which will likely be the French automaker’s last high-performance petrol-powered car.
The Megane RS Ultime, unveiled last month, marks the end of an era as the French automaker’s last performance model bears an ‘RS’ badge and puts a final stop to Renault’s petrol performance cars before the company enters Europe will only be traveling electrically by the end of the decade.
With 40 of the world’s 1976 examples coming to Australia, the Megane RS Ultime is priced from $67,500 plus road expenses when ordered with a six-speed manual transmission – $4,500 more than the standard RS Trophy model.
Buyers who opt for the six-speed dual-clutch automatic pay a premium of $3000, bringing the price up to $70,500 plus road expenses.
In addition to standard Renault Megane RS Trophy equipment, the RS Ultime will receive matte black decals on the roof, bonnet, rear bumper, doors and wheel arches, as well as ‘1976’ branding on the right side of the car – referring to the year of foundation by Renault Sport.
Other exterior changes include black 19-inch “Fuji Light” alloy wheels – wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza S007 tires – as well as black badges, door handles, window surrounds, wheel arch accents, front bumper fascia and rear diffuser.
Four exterior colors are available internationally – Star Black, Pearl White, Sirius Yellow and Tonic Orange.
Inside, the Renault Megane RS Ultime features Recaro sport bucket seats (with black Alcantara upholstery and red “RS” embroidery), uniquely numbered door sills and a numbered build plate signed by Laurent Hurgon – Renault Sport development driver.
The Renault Megane RS Ultime turbocharged 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine is taken over by the RS Trophy and continues to develop unchanged 221kW And 400Nm in manual guise, with the automatic gaining an extra 20Nm.
Renault claims its front-wheel drive Hot Hatch can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 5.7 seconds, aided by a Torsen mechanical locking differential.
All new Renault cars in Australia are sold with a five year unlimited mileage warranty plus five years free roadside assistance and five limited price services totaling US$2645 over 12 month/12,000km intervals.
The 2023 Renault Megane RS Ultimate has arrived in Australian showrooms, with stock limited to 40 examples nationwide.
2023 Renault Megane RS Australian prices
- Megane RS Trophy Manual – $63,000
- Megane RS Trophy Car – $66,000
- Megane RS Ultime Manual – $67,500
- Megane RS Ultime auto – $70,500
Note: All prices above are exclusive of road charges.
2023 Renault Megane RS Ultime adds (via Trophy):
- Matte black decals on the roof, hood, rear bumper, doors and wheel arches
- ‘1976’ branding at right side
- Black front bumper accent with “Ultime” branding
- 19-inch “Fuji Light” alloy wheels in black
- Black emblems, door handles, window surrounds, wheel arch accents, front bumper fascia and rear diffuser
- Choice of four colors – Star Black, Pearl White, Sirius Yellow and Tonic Orange
- None Found