Oud-player was surrounded by journalists when picking up his children and was ‘visibly nervous’; singer let him wait in the car
Shakira and Gerard Pique had a brief reunion after exchanging public provocations prompted by the song’s release BZRP Music Sessions #53. In the song, the Colombian singer sends several hints to her ex-husband, who is currently in a relationship with Clara Chia. Following the song, the former player teased him by showing up with a Casio watch and getting to work with a Twingo. Piqué went to Shakira’s house earlier this week to pick up their children, Sasha, 7, and Milan, 9. According to The Vanguard, the former player was not joking, he drove his usual car and remained serious despite the intimidation of the press, who surrounded him on the spot. He stayed in the car and wouldn’t answer any questions.
Shakira made him wait a few minutes before showing up with the kids, making Piqué uncomfortable. While waiting, the athlete remained silent, continued to look at his mobile phone and called, showing that he was in a hurry to leave the place. According to Opportunity, he was “visibly nervous” amid the press harassment. Journalists asked the former Barcelona player if Shakira’s music influenced his relationship with Clara Chía, but he declined to comment. As speculated by the international press, the relationship between the two was strained after the song’s release. THE The Vanguard stressed that despite the former couple’s conflicted relationship, both have made efforts not to pass this on to the children as they share custody of the children.
- Piqué posts first photo with new girlfriend and receives a rain of criticism
- Shakira is said to have discovered Piqué’s betrayal upon opening the fridge; to understand
- Composer who helped Shakira talks about music cuts with hints at Piqué
- Pique’s girlfriend conquers family and leaves Shakira ‘behind’
- Piqué signs a contract with a watch brand mentioned by Shakira in a song that references the former player