Cody Rhodes clipped a promo this week Monday Night Raw addressing the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship situation and saying to Sami Zayn “may the best man win” regarding his match with Roman Reigns on Elimination Chamber. Rhodes was then interrupted by Paul Heyman, who officially congratulated Rhodes on behalf of “The Tribal Chief” for winning this year’s Royal Rumble.
Rhodes then reflected on Heyman’s history with his family, how Heyman’s booking of Dusty in ECW “The American Dream” helped regain his confidence in 2000, and how Heyman helped pave the way for Rhodes’ work with the launch of All Elite Wrestling. Heyman then turned Rhodes’ sentimentality on its head, saying that his last conversation with Dusty before his death included “The American Dream” in which he said that Cody was his favorite son, but that Reigns was the son he always wanted .
Rhodes then cornered Heyman, saying all he wants is to win a wrestling championship, but everyone wants to make it personal. And thanks to Heyman, he will now personally take over Reigns’ undisputed title at WrestleMania.
Watch out! @HeymanHustle just made it personal @CodyRhodes and the chieftain @WWERomanReigns for #WrestleMania!#WWERaw pic.twitter.com/Ww44HOK9bn
— WWE (@WWE) February 7, 2023
This story develops…
- Cody Rhodes returns to SmackDown in the ring and confronts the bloodline ahead of WrestleMania
- What happened when Paul Heyman brought Dusty Rhodes to ECW?
- Cody Rhodes predicts the demise of Roman rule and the bloodline to shut down WWE Raw
- How WWE changed its WrestleMania 39 plans for Cody Rhodes
- Roman Reigns sends ominous message to Sami Zayn ahead of WWE Elimination Chamber 2023