The song is a single from the album ‘Endless Dummer Vacation’, which will be released in March
Miley Cyrus broke a record this Friday the 20th. That’s because ‘Flowers‘, single released on January 12, became the most heard in a week in the history of Spotify. The song is on the album ‘Endless Summer Vacation’, which will be released in March. According to the Variety, the song crossed the 100 million stream mark. The former record holder was BTS, Korean group hit among young people, which raised 99 million in seven days. The singer posted a thank you message on Twitter. “Thank you so much @Spotify and my amazing fans,” he wrote. ‘Flowers’ is seen by the public as an indirect reference to the artist’s ex-husband, the actor Liam Hemsworth. In the chorus, the singer emphasizes that she can “buy herself flowers”, “dance with herself”, “talk to herself”, and ends by saying she can “love better than you can”, in a possible reference to her ex.
*With information from Estadão Content
- Miley Cyrus releases the video for ‘Flowers’; watch
- Taylor Swift’s ‘Midnights’ breaks record for most listened to album in one day on Spotify
- Claudia Leitte releases album on Friday and announces new single with Thiaguinho
- After five years, Paramore releases video for the unreleased ‘This is Why’; watch
- Singer Aaron Carter, brother of Backstreet Boys star, dies aged 34