Following reports earlier today that she had been hospitalized, Lisa Marie Presley, Elvis’ daughter, has passed away. She was 54. Her mother, Priscilla Presley, confirmed her passing in a telling statement The AP“It is with a heavy heart that I have to share the terrible news that my beautiful daughter Lisa Marie has left us. She was the most passionate, strong and loving woman I have ever known.” Lisa Marie is survived by her daughters, actress and model Riley Keough, and Harper and Finley Lockwood. She is preceded in death by her son Benjamin Storm Keough, who passed away in 2020.
While Presley was best known as the famous singer’s only child, she was also an entertainer in her own right, in addition to preserving her father’s image after his death. She released three albums of her own from 2003 to 2012, the first of which reached “Gold” status. Presley was also briefly married to singer Michael Jackson from 1994 to 1996. Lisa Marie Presely attended the 80th Golden Globe Awards just days ago, where actor Austin Butler won Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Musical/Comedy for the playing her father.
This is a developing story, it will be updated.
(Cover photo credit: CBS Photo Archive via Getty Images)
- Elvis Presley’s daughter looked ‘unstable’ at the Golden Globes two days before she died
- Tom Hanks and Elvis director Baz Luhrmann pay tribute to Lisa Marie Presley
- Elvis star Austin Butler breaks silence over Lisa Marie Presley’s death
- Elvis Presley’s daughter goes into cardiac arrest and is hospitalized
- Lisa Loring, the original Wednesday Addams, has passed away at age 64