How I met your father fans were shocked to see Neil Patrick Harris roll up at the end of the most recent episode. That’s right Barney Stinson was back in the picture for a while. Hilary Duff’s character is at rock bottom, or so she thinks. Her future self draws viewers from the present moment into the future, where she is on the phone with her mother breaking some shocking news. Just then Duff gets into a car accident, and who would jump out of the car other than old Barney himself. Still looking good and probably wondering how he’s going to fix his car.
Now the show had resisted many of the fans’ calls for moments like this in Season 1. But speaking to TVLine, the series co-creator spoke about finding his own voice compared to the other show. “It takes a while, especially on a multi-camera show, to get to know the characters, the friend group and the atmosphere, and we wanted to make sure How I Met Your Father had the space to stand on its own two feet before we started bringing in bigger pieces from the vast How I Met Your Mother universe,” said co-creator Isaac Aptaker. “Towards the end of this season, it felt like the right time to dip our toes in and bring back some of those beloved characters.”
yelling Neil Patrick Harris about how I met your father, I missed Barney so much pic.twitter.com/WkY8lXVo3n
– s. / interest of love brainrot (@onizms) January 24, 2023
Were you surprised? Check out some of the joyful reactions below!
- Hilary Duff announces How I Met Your Father season 2 premiere date
- Doctor Who teases Christmas surprise with new footage
- Josh Radnor Talks About Ted Mosby’s Possible Return on How I Met Your Father (Exclusive)
- David Tennant Reveals How His Returning Doctor Happened
- Huge LEGO Spider-Man Daily Bugle set is for sale