More than 40 years after they first collided in 1978 HalloweenLaurie Strode and Michael Myers had their final showdown in the climax of Halloween ends, which was their most vicious conflict to date. Part of what made the battle so intense is that actors Jamie Lee Curtis and James Jude Courtney pulled out all the stops to faithfully embrace the spirit of their characters, while both happily taking on all of the series’ physical challenges. You can check out the featurette above to see how invested in the battle the pair was before Halloween ends will be out on Digital November 15 and December 27 on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD.
The film is described: “The most acclaimed and respected horror franchise in cinema history reaches its epic, terrifying conclusion as Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis) takes on the embodiment of evil, Michael Myers, for the last time. Seen for four years after the events of Halloween kills. Laurie lives with her granddaughter Allyson (Andi Matichak) and has chosen to free herself from fear and anger and embrace life. When a young man is accused of murdering a boy he was babysitting, a cascade of violence and terror ignites with a final showdown between Laurie and Michael that has never been captured on screen before. Only one of them will survive.”
Special features on the home video release are as follows:
- Audio commentary by Director/Co-writer David Gordon Green, actors Andi Matichak and Rohan Campbell, First Assistant Director Atilla Salih Yücer and Production Assistant Hugo Garza
- End Halloween – Discover the creative team’s approach to making the final sequence of the film
- Final Girl – Jamie Lee Curtis Discusses Laurie Strode’s Legacy
- No Place Like Haddonfield – Filmmakers and cast reveal what makes Halloween productions so special
- Another Threat – Explore how evil evolved in Haddonfield
- The Visions of Terror – See how production departments came together to achieve the film’s unique style
- Twisted Deaths – A close-up of the film’s gruesome death scenes
- 6 deleted and extended scenes (“Michael Shakes Things Up”, “Joan’s Bunny Slam”, “Corey Reflects Upon Himself”, “Ronald’s Stuck at Work”, “Margo Gets the Boot”, “Joan’s Recipe for Disaster”
- toggle reel
Halloween ends will be out on Digital November 15 and December 27 on 4K UltraHD, Blu-ray and DVD.
Are you adding the film to your collection? Let us know in the comments or reach out to Patrick Cavanaugh directly on Twitter to talk all things Star Wars and horror!
- Jamie Lee Curtis talks about the end of Laurie Strode
- New Halloween Featurette Ends Highlights Jamie Curtis’ Farewell to Michael Myers
- Halloween ends: will Laurie Strode survive?
- Halloween ends star Jamie Lee Curtis on return to other previous roles in new reboots
- I “wouldn’t have a career” without Halloween