WWE and Hollywood have had connective tissue for decades. Stars like Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper popped up in major movies during their wrestling careers, while later talent like The Rock and Batista would fully embrace the movie industry. While some wrestlers made acting their full-time careers, others popped up sporadically in projects, while others booked roles after retirement to keep busy.
That may be the case for WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart. The assassin has made some odd acting appearances here and there, but he never pursued the profession full-time. That said, Hart will return to the big screen next month as he has a role in the upcoming film STALKER.
In addition to Hart, Sophie Skelton (Foreigner) and Stuart Brennan (Houdini).
The synopsis for STALKER read below…
A broken freight elevator hangs dangerously high, trapping a young woman with her stalker.
Starring Sophie Skelton (Outlander) and BAFTA-winning actor Stuart Brennan. Rose Hepburn, a young horror actress, returns to her empty hotel. Forced to use the old freight elevator, it jerks to a stop on the twelfth floor, trapping her with an unusual stranger.
With no phone signal as a storm approaches, tensions rise and suspicion mounts when Rose discovers the mystery man’s identity is Daniel Reed, a cameraman seemingly obsessed with her.
STALKER will run in select cinemas from March 24.
- Bret Hart Reveals Surprising New Details About WWE’s Montreal Screwjob
- Bret Hart talks about the possibility of another match
- The Evil Within 3 teaser may have been spotted in Hi-Fi Rush
- Bret Hart says he wished he’d never joined WCW while he still had a shot at Goldberg
- Stalker 2 gets a new trailer and confirmation of a 2023 release date