Actor shot director Halyna Hutchins during a scene from the movie ‘Rust’, in 2021; The US court provides for a sentence of up to five years.
The actor Alec Baldwin will respond criminally to the death of director Halyna Hutchins on the set of the film”Rust”. The accusation was made by the New Mexico Justice Department in the USwhere the crime took place, in 2021. The star of Hollywood can be sentenced to up to five years in prison for manslaughter, when there is no intent to kill. In addition to him, the professional responsible for the care of guns on the set, Hannah Gutierrez Reed, will also respond to the murder. At the time, Baldwin was filming scenes from the Western “Rust” when he fired shots from a scenographic rifle he was carrying. The shot hit cameraman Halyna Hutchins and injured another colleague. The incident frightened studio professionals, who had no idea there were bullets in the revolver. Alec Baldwin claims he was instructed that the gun was “cold”, meaning in movie industry jargon that there was no more ammunition for screen use. The tragic date was also the scene of Alec’s lawsuits against the film staff for negligence.
- Alec Baldwin makes deal with deceased director’s family behind ‘Rest’
- New Mexico prosecutor wants to try Alec Baldwin for on-set death
- Alec Baldwin officially charged with manslaughter, prosecutor says he was negligent on set
- Alec Baldwin was charged with murder and had no respect for gun training, the report says
- Alec Baldwin and Rust’s team could be accused of killing the director