The latest model – and first SUV – from Volvo’s electric vehicle spin-off Polestar is slated to be available in Australia next year, priced at $132,900 plus road costs.
- 2024 Polestar 3 Pricing and Specs
- Third model, first SUV from Volvo’s electric car spin-off
- Two engines, up to 610 km range at launch
- Starting at $132,900 plus road charges
The 2024 Polestar 3 large electric SUV is expected to cost $132,900 plus road costs when it arrives in Australia between January and March next year.
Orders are now open ahead of the first deliveries between January and March. The company claims to have received nearly 7,000 expressions of interest in the last four months.
Polestar 3 vehicles for the first year will be available in two performance levels – the Long Range Dual Motor, which is available with a $9,000 performance package that boosts performance – and a high level of specification with two optional packages , which are part of the standard equipment.
The Long Range Dual Motor is powered two electric motors and a 107kWh (usable; or 111 kWh gross) nickel-manganese-cobalt battery, for claimed outputs of 360kW And 840Nm.
According to Polestar, according to European WLTP tests, this model can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 5.0 seconds, reach a top speed of 210 km/h and travel up to 610 km on one charge.
Decide on the service package increases the outputs 380kW And 910Nmand shortens the claimed 0-100 km/h time to 4.7 seconds, but reduces the range to “up to 560 km” according to WLTP protocols.
Polestar claims its new SUV can charge from zero to 100 percent in 11 hours from an 11 kW three-phase socket, or perform a 10 to 80 percent fast charge in 30 minutes with up to 250 kW DC.
Standard features on the high-spec introductory model include 21-inch wheels, cloth or wool seat covers, LED headlights, adaptive air suspension, a torque-vectoring rear axle, a 14.5-inch touchscreen, a 9.0-inch driver display, a glass roof and much more an electric tailgate.
However, the spec sheet doesn’t mention Apple CarPlay connectivity – despite using Google Android Automotive-based software derived from the Polestar 2. drive is seeking confirmation from Polestar Australia as to whether the main feature is included.
Standard for the first model year are the Pilot and Plus option packages – although these will likely drop back to options from 2025, like the Polestar 2 (which offers its own Pilot and Plus packages).
While Polestar’s first car for Australia came with many advanced safety features as optional extras, the Polestar 3 comes standard with all these key systems, including the semi-autonomous Pilot Assist driving feature for motorways.
Optionally available is the “Pilot Pack with Lidar” which adds more computing power, sensors and cameras to enable “enhanced 3D scanning of the vehicle’s surroundings with more detail” and according to Polestar “helps to prepare the car for autonomous driving”. “
However, deliveries of cars with this package are not scheduled to begin until the third quarter of 2024 (July to September).
The optional Performance Pack adds – alongside the increased performance – Polestar Engineered Suspension tuning, 22-inch forged alloy wheels with Pirelli P Zero tyres, Swedish gold valve caps, seat belts, laser-etched gold courtesy light line on the dash and a “Range” driving mode “Optimization” .
A range of standalone options are also available, including more advanced Matrix LED headlights and Nappa leather seat covers.
First deliveries of 2024 Polestar 3 are scheduled to start in Australia in the first quarter of next year (January to March).
- 1 2024 Polestar 3 Australian Prices
- 2 Standard features of the Polestar 3 Long Range Dual Motor 2024:
- 3 2024 Polestar 3 Long Range Dual Motor with Performance Pack adds:
2024 Polestar 3 Australian Prices
- Polestar 3 endurance twin engine – $132,900
- Polestar 3 Long Range Dual Motor with Performance Package – $141,900
Note: All prices above are exclusive of road charges.
Standard features of the Polestar 3 Long Range Dual Motor 2024:
- Adaptive air suspension
- Torque vectoring rear axle with double clutch
- Brembo four-piston front calipers in gold
- Adaptive LED headlights with twilight detection, high beam automatic
- LED taillights with automatic dimming
- 14.5-inch infotainment touchscreen with built-in Google apps (including maps), over-the-air updates, digital radio, Bluetooth (but no Apple CarPlay listed)
- 9.0 inch digital instrument display
- Panoramic glass roof with illuminated Polestar logo
- Hands-free power tailgate
- Wireless smartphone charger
- Four USB-C ports
- Electrically adjustable front seats with seat heating, driver’s seat memory
- Black headliner
- Textile floor mats
- Air conditioning with three-zone automatic climate control
- Heat pump (uses battery heat to warm up the cabin)
- Rain-sensing wipers
- 60:40 split folding rear seats with ski port
- Electrically adjustable, heated, frameless exterior mirrors
- Automatically dimming side and center rear-view mirrors
- privacy glass
- backup camera
- 360 degree surround view camera
- Parking sensors front and rear
- Adaptive cruise control
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian and cyclist detection
- Lane Departure Warning
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- Blind spot monitoring
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- tire pressure monitoring
- driver monitoring system
- “Up to” nine airbags (including two front center airbags
Standard on all 2024 Polestar 3 is the Plus Pack, which includes:
- Bowers & Wilkins premium audio system with 25 speakers, 1610 watts and Dolby Atmos
- 21″ black diamond cut alloy wheels with tire repair kit
- Soft close doors
- Upholstery in MicroTech textile or wool blend
- Electrically adjustable steering column with memory
- Cabin Air Quality Sensor
- “Repurposed” aluminum decals
- Heated rear seats, steering wheel and wiper blades
- Infrared windshield
- Improved rear cargo floor
Also standard on all 2024 Polestar 3 is the Pilot Pack, which includes:
- Pilot Assist semi-autonomous driving system for motorways (acceleration, braking and steering assistance up to 150 km/h)
- Automatic parking
- Head-Up Display
2024 Polestar 3 Long Range Dual Motor with Performance Pack adds:
- Performance software upgrade (380 kW/910 Nm)
- Polestar engineered suspension tuning
- 22″ forged alloy wheels with Pirelli P Zero tires (265/40 front and 295/35 rear)
- Swedish gold valve caps, seat belts
- Laser etched gold interior light line on dashboard
- “Range optimization” driving mode.
Optional is the $6000 Pilot Pack with lidar that adds
- Luminar long-range lidar technology
- Additional computer for assisted driving systems
- Three additional outdoor cameras
- Four additional ultrasonic sensors
- Cleaning system for front and rear cameras
Standalone options include:
- 1.3-megapixel HD LED headlight ($3000)
- 22-inch forged alloy wheels ($3000, unlike Performance Pack wheels)
- Nappa leather interior with ventilation, power seat side supports and front seat massage function, with Black Ash trim ($7500)
- Metallic Paint ($2000)
- Non-tinted acoustic laminated glass (free option)
- All-Electric Folding Trailer Hitch ($2900)