Toyota’s best-selling SUV is due for an update next year, with the automaker raising the price of its RAV4 lineup by more than $2,150 across all classes.
- 2023 Toyota RAV4 prices and specifications
- The updated RAV4 includes a new infotainment screen for high-end classes and larger digital gauges
- Improved safety technology standard in all classes
- Starting at $36,550 plus road charges
That 2023 Toyota RAV4 was hit with price increases between $2150 and $2820 ahead of its arrival in Australian showrooms in December 2022.
Australia’s best-selling SUV gets an update for 2023, with Toyota delivering key upgrades to the RAV4’s infotainment system, digital instrument cluster and advanced safety technology.
Starting at $36,550 plus road cost, the GX and GXL variants of the Toyota RAV4 are up $2,150 since March 2022 – with the XSE, Cruiser and Edge classes all carrying a price increase of $2,450.
The biggest price increase was for the Toyota RAV4 Edge petrol, which now starts at $53,020 plus road cost – up $2,850 – as it now gets LED projector headlights instead of the parabolic LEDs found on other petrol models.
As previously reported, the Toyota RAV4 GX and GXL have received a 7.0-inch instrument cluster screen (up from 4.2 inches), wireless Apple CarPlay (wired capability remains), satellite navigation as standard and Toyota Connected Services.
While the GX and GXL retain the RAV4’s existing 8.0-inch infotainment touchscreen, the XSE, Cruiser and Edge now come with a 10.5-inch screen – shared with the new Corolla Cross.
The three high-end variants are now also equipped with a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, which is available in four selectable designs and three layouts.
According to Toyota, all but one of the RAV4’s five USB-A ports have been upgraded to USB-C, while the car’s voice recognition system has been improved thanks to two new microphones.
Additional upgrades for all Toyota RAV4 grades include a revised Autonomous Emergency Braking System (which can brake oncoming vehicles at an intersection or pedestrians crossing a side street the car is turning onto), as well as Emergency Steering Assist, which helps to stop the car in the event of an evasive steering manoeuvre in your own lane.
Toyota claims the RAV4’s rear camera has been upgraded to offer a clearer image on the infotainment screen, which also includes dynamic guides for reverse parking.
The Toyota RAV4 Cruiser and Edge’s 360-degree camera now features an under-body view, allowing drivers to see the terrain and any obstacles underneath the SUV.
Engine options carry over from the 2022 RAV4, with buyers having a choice of two petrol-only engines and two petrol-electric hybrids.
In the Toyota RAV4 GX, GXL, XSE and Cruiser, the 2.0-liter four-cylinder petrol-only engine develops 127 kW and 203 Nm, which drives the front wheels via a continuously variable transmission.
A 2.5-liter four-cylinder petrol engine with 152 kW/243 Nm and mated to a six-speed automatic transmission that drives all four wheels is also available exclusively for the top-of-the-range RAV4 Edge.
The RAV4 hybrid variants are equipped with a 2.5-liter petrol engine and a front electric motor that together produce up to 160 kW and is coupled to a continuously variable transmission. All-wheel drive hybrid classes add a rear electric motor, increasing its output to 163 kW.
Toyota says the RAV4 will be available in nine colors, with Frosted White replacing Crystal Pearl.
The 2023 Toyota RAV4 is expected to arrive in Australian showrooms in December 2022.
Below is a full list of pricing and features for the 2023 Toyota RAV4 range.
2023 Toyota RAV4 Australian prices
- RAV4 GX 2WD Gasoline – $36,550 (up $2150)
- RAV4 GX 2WD Hybrid – $39,050 (up $2150)
- RAV4 GX AWD Hybrid – $42,050 (up $2150)
- RAV4 GXL 2WD Gasoline – $40,100 (up $2150)
- RAV4 GXL 2WD Hybrid – $42,600 (up $2150)
- RAV4 GXL AWD Hybrid – $45,600 (up $2150)
- RAV4 XSE 2WD Hybrid – $45,700 (up $2,450)
- RAV4 XSE AWD Hybrid – $48,700 (up $2,450)
- RAV4 Cruiser 2WD Gasoline – $45,700 (up $2,450)
- RAV4 Cruiser 2WD Hybrid – $48,200 (up $2,450)
- RAV4 Cruiser AWD Hybrid – $51,200 (up $2,450)
- RAV4 Edge AWD Gasoline – $53,020 (up $2,820)
- RAV4 Edge AWD Hybrid – $52,700 (up $2,450)
Note: All prices listed above do not include road charges.
Standard equipment of Toyota RAV4 GX 2023:
- 8.0-inch infotainment touchscreen with wireless and wired Apple CarPlay, wired Android Auto
- Satellite navigation (now standard)
- Over-the-Air (OTA) software updates
- 7.0 inch driver instrument display
- Connected Services by Toyota
- Five USB ports (4x USB-C, 1x USB-A)
- Autonomous emergency braking with branch assistant
- Rear view camera guidelines
- 17 inch alloy wheels
- Fabric seat cover
- ‘Premium’ synthetic leather steering wheel
- Automatic LED headlights (parabolic on petrol models, projector on hybrids)
- LED daytime running lights and rear lights
- Halogen fog lights
- Manual climate control (petrol) or dual-zone automatic climate control (hybrid)
- Start at the push of a button
- Electrically folding side mirrors with heating
- Electric parking brake
- Sound system with six speakers
- DAB+ digital radio
- Rear seat belt reminder
- LED interior lighting
- Parking sensors front and rear
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Carpet floor mats front and rear
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian and daytime cyclist detection
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Departure Warning
- Adaptive cruise control (high speed on manual models, all speed on automatic variants)
- Blind spot monitoring
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- Automatic high beam
2023 Toyota RAV4 GXL adds (via GX):
- 18 inch alloy wheels
- Illuminated door switches
- Automatic dual-zone climate control (all models)
- ‘Premium’ embossed fabric upholstery
- Charging the wireless phone
- Keyless entry
- Improved rear view camera with dynamic guidelines
- Automatically dimming rear view mirror
- ‘Premium’ front bumper and grille
- Rear privacy glass
2023 Toyota RAV4 XSE adds (via GXL):
- 10.5 inch infotainment touchscreen
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Electric tailgate
- Black exterior accent package (bumpers, grille, fog lamp bezel, fenders, mirrors and two-tone roof)
- Rim finish in glossy black
- Dark heading
- ‘Softex’ premium interior seat trim
- Electric driver’s seat with lumbar adjustment
- Two-stage front seat heating
- Cabin ambient lighting
- 7.0 inch digital instrument display
2023 Toyota RAV4 Cruiser adds (via XSE):
- 360 degree camera with underfloor view
- Digital rearview mirror
- Three-stage front seat heating and ventilation
- 19-inch alloy wheels (petrol only)
- 18″ Gloss Black Alloy Wheels (Hybrid only)
- lifting and sliding roof
- Seat upholstery with leather accents
- JBL premium sound system with nine speakers
- Automatic power folding exterior mirrors
2023 Toyota RAV4 Edge adds (via Cruiser):
- LED projector headlights (now standard on petrol variants, previously hybrid-exclusive)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Rear Autonomous Emergency Braking
- Unique 19″ alloy wheels
- Edge-specific front bumper, grille, wheel arch covers and fog lamp surrounds