The 2023 Triton was detailed for Australia, but buyers now have to shell out at least $30,000 to get their hands on a Mitsubishi ute.
- 2023 Mitsubishi Triton prices and specifications
- For the first time in Triton history, no petrol engine will be offered
- Prices rose by as much as $1500 across the board
- New Sport Edition (400 copies available)
That 2023 Mitsubishi Triton The lineup has been announced, with the Japanese Ute no longer offering a petrol engine — and no variants available for less than $30,000.
Prices have risen across the board – just six months after Mitsubishi raised prices by as much as $8750 – while the 2023 Triton is joined by a limited-edition model launched below the longest-range GSR variant becomes.
Limited to just 400 vehicles in Australia, the new Triton Sport Edition builds on the GLS crew-cab’s deluxe package – which includes a powered driver’s seat, heated front seats, leather door inserts and a surround-view camera – but adds a one-off Range of style upgrades including red exterior accents, decals and a black leather interior with red contrast stitching.
Mitsubishi has dropped the 2.4-litre petrol four-cylinder engine from the entry-level GLX, in what is believed to be the first time the Triton range has gone without a petrol engine since the model went on sale in Australia 36 years ago.
All Triton models now come exclusively with a 2.4 liter turbo diesel four cylinder engine to produce 133kW and 430Nm. A six-speed automatic transmission is available across the range, with the six-speed manual offered on select 4×2 and 4×4 variants.
Depending on the configuration, consumption is between 7.8 liters per 100 kilometers and 8.6 liters per 100 kilometers.
While the gas-powered Triton GLX 4×2 was previously the most affordable model in the family at $24,240 before road cost for a manual single-cab chassis, that’s no longer the case.
The entry-level cost of the Triton lineup is now $30,740 before road cost for the 2.4-liter turbodiesel GLX single-cab chassis 4×2 — an increase of nearly 27 percent, thanks in part to a $1,500 price increase for the model for 2023.
Those who opt for the GLX-R and GLS models get an upgraded head unit that features a 7.0-inch touchscreen with built-in satellite navigation, as well as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability.
The Triton is eligible for Mitsubishi’s 5 plus 5 year/200,000km factory warranty – for vehicles only serviced at Mitsubishi dealerships under the company’s fixed price plan.
Vehicles serviced outside of the Mitsubishi dealer network only have a five-year warranty.
So far the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has not objected to the distinction between 5+5 years and 10 years warranties, although new regulations are giving consumers a choice between independent repairers.
The first examples of 2023 Mitsubishi Triton The range is expected to reach retailers from December 2022.
2023 Mitsubishi Triton Australian Prices
- Triton GLX Single Cab Chassis 4×2 Manual – $30,740 (up $1500)
- Triton GLX Single Cab Chassis 4×2 Auto – $30,990 (up $1500)
- Triton GLX Single Cab Chassis 4×4 Manual – $37,490 (up to $1500)
- Triton GLX Single Cab Chassis 4×4 Auto – $39,740 (up $1500)
- Triton GLX Extra Cab Chassis 4×4 Manual – $39,940 (up to $1500)
- Triton GLX Dual-Cab Wanne 4×2 Auto – $40,440 (up $1500)
- Triton GLX Dual-Cab Chassis 4×4 Manual – $41,440 (up to $1500)
- Triton GLX Extra-Cab Chassis 4×4 Auto – $42,940 (up $1500)
- Triton GLX-R Dual-Cab Wanne 4×2 Auto – $43,690 (up $750)
- Triton GLX Double Cab Chassis 4×4 Auto – $43,690 (up $1500)
- Triton GLX Dual-Cab Wanne 4×4 Auto – $44,690 (up $1500)
- Triton GLX + Double Cabin Tub 4×4 Manual – $44,940 (up to $1000)
- Triton GLX+ Hull with Extra Cab 4×4 Auto – $45,440 (up $1000)
- Triton GLX+ Dual-Cab Wanne 4×4 Auto – $47,190 (up $1000)
- Triton GLX-R Dual-Cab Wanne 4×4 Auto – $47,940 (up $750)
- Triton GLS Dual-Cab Hull 4×4 Manual – $49,690 (up $750)
- Triton GLS Dual-Cab Wanne 4×4 Auto – $51,490 (up $300)
- Triton Sport Edition Double Cabin Tub 4×4 Auto – $56,440
- Triton GSR Dual-Cab Wanne 4×4 Auto – $56,940 (up $1250)
Note: All prices do not include road costs.
- Ford Ranger – new vs old, time to upgrade?
- 2024 Mitsubishi Triton Ute on secret test mission in Australia
- 2024 Porsche 718 Style Edition unveiled, price for Australia
- 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV sold out, more stock to come
- The price for the limited edition Hyundai i30 N Drive-N 2023 was announced early for Australia