The electric people mover LDV Mifa 9 – with a reported range of 440km – is the most expensive Chinese-made vehicle ever sold in Australia – costing almost double the equivalent petrol model.
- 2023 LDV Mifa 9 prices and specifications
- Priced between $106,000 and $131,000 by car
- Second electric people mover for sale in Australia
- Up to 440 km claimed range
That 2023 LDV Mifa 9 – an electric people mover with a range of up to 440km – will be the most expensive Chinese-built vehicle ever sold in Australia when it hits showrooms this month.
LDV’s seven-seat Mifa 9 range starts at $106,000 per car for the entry-level mode, rising to $117,000 for the mid-range Executive and $131,000 for the flagship Luxe.
This makes the electric people mover LDV Mifa 9 between 80 and 96 percent more expensive – or almost twice as expensive – than the petrol-powered equivalent on which it’s based ($53,990 to $72,990 for drive-away).
The only other electric people mover in Australia is the Mercedes-Benz eVito Tourer, which starts at $116,115 plus road costs, or about $125,000 for the trip.
However, the Mercedes-Benz eVito Tourer is based on a van, cannot go as far on a single charge and is not as well equipped as the LDV Mifa 9.
In Luxe trim, the LDV Mifa 9 is the third most expensive people mover to sell in Australia – regardless of what drives it – behind two luxury-badged variants of the Mercedes-Benz V-Class.
All LDV Mifa 9s at launch will be seven-seaters – with two seats in the front, two in the middle and three in the rear – although eight-seat models are due to follow in early 2023.
Electric range is backed by a five year/200,000km vehicle warranty – less than the seven year/200,000km coverage offered by the standard Mifa – plus an eight year/200,000km battery warranty. Service is required every two years or 30,000 km.
The Mifa 9 is powered by a 90 kWh lithium-ion battery pack and a 180 kW/350 Nm electric motor on the front axle with a range of up to 440 km according to European WLTP tests.
Exact range figures vary between model classes depending on wheel size and luxury equipment list: the base mode states 440 km, the mid-level executive 435 km and the top-of-the-range luxury 430 km.
DC fast charging with up to 120 kW is available and enables charging from 30 to 80 percent in allegedly 36 minutes. AC charging from an 11 kW wallbox at home is said to take “about” 8.5 hours.
The LDV Mifa 9 is 5270mm long, 1840mm high and 2000mm wide and has a wheelbase of 3200mm – 10mm shorter in overall length, 5mm lower and 2mm wide than the petrol LDV Mifa or 155mm longer overall, 5mm wider, 65mm higher and 110mm longer the front and rear wheels than a Kia Carnival.
Standard equipment of the entry-level LDV Mifa 9 Mode includes 18-inch wheels, a 12.3-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay (but no Android Auto), a 7.0-inch instrument display, LED headlights, leatherette seats with manual adjustment , car air conditioning, six speakers, rear parking sensors, a rear view camera and a plastic steering wheel.
A range of advanced safety technologies are standard, including autonomous emergency braking, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, traffic sign recognition and tire pressure monitoring.
The LDV Mifa 9 Executive adds features including 19″ wheels, front parking sensors, a surround view camera, leather steering wheel, power front and second row seats, power tailgate, power sliding rear doors, dual sunroof panels and an eight – Stereo speakers, rain-sensing wipers and more.
The decision for the flagship LDV Mifa 9 Luxe adds leather seat covers, heating, cooling and massage for the first and second row seats, a heated steering wheel, a sound system with 12 speakers, adjustable second row seats with footrests and more.
That 2023 LDV Mifa 9 scheduled to arrive in showrooms this month.
- Mifa 9 Mode – $106,000
- Mifa 9 Executive – $117,000
- Mifa 9 Luxe – $131.00
Note: All the above prices are from the car journey.
2023 LDV Mifa 9 Mode Standard Features:
- 18″ alloy wheels with tire repair kit
- LED headlights with twilight detection
- LED taillights, daytime running lights and rear fog lights
- Heated side mirrors
- 12.3-inch infotainment touchscreen with Bluetooth and Apple CarPlay (but no Android Auto or built-in satellite navigation)
- 7.0 inch instrument display
- Sound system with six speakers
- Leather-free steering wheel with tilt/telescopic adjustment
- Faux leather seat cushion
- Manual six-way driver and four-way passenger seat adjustment
- Two individual seats in the second row with manual adjustment
- Three-seater, 60:40 split folding bench seat in the third row
- Keyless entry and start
- Multi-zone automatic climate control
- Manual tailgate
- Manually dimming rearview mirror
- Auto-down front window (but no auto-up)
- Seven USB ports
- Six cup holders and four bottle holders
- Outer trim in chrome
- Rear parking sensors
- backup camera
- Electronic parking brake
- Autonomous emergency braking (forward and reverse)
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Departure Warning
- Adaptive cruise control
- Blind spot monitoring
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- tire pressure monitoring
- Rear collision warning
- Safe exit warning
2023 LDV Mifa 9 Executive adds (via mode):
- 19″ alloy wheels with tire repair kit
- Parking sensors in front
- 360 degree camera
- Adaptive LED headlights with automatic high beam
- Leather covered steering wheel
- 8-way driver and 4-way passenger seat adjustment
- Electric 4-way lumbar support for front seats
- 4-way electrical adjustment and 4-way lumbar support for second row dual seats
- Tilting/sliding roof front and rear
- Electric tailgate
- Electric sliding doors for the rear passenger side
- Rear privacy glass (tinted windows) for the second and third row of seats
- Sound system with eight speakers
- LED ambient lighting with 64 colors
- Automatically folding, heated door mirrors
- Automatically dimming rear view mirror
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Automatic up/down windscreens with anti-pinch function
- Two 12 volt sockets and one 220 volt home socket
- air cleaner
2023 LDV Mifa 9 Luxe adds (via Executive):
- Leather seat cover “Premium”.
- Heating, cooling and massage for the front and second rows of seats
- Reclining function and footrests for the second row of seats
- Digital rearview mirror
- 12 speaker sound system
- Climate control panel for seats in the second row
- Heated steering wheel
- Blanc White (all models)
- pearl white (all models)
- Mica blue (all models)
- metal black (all models)
- Snow Cyan (blue) with black roof (Executive and Luxe only)
- Concrete gray with black roof (Executive and Luxe only)