The first big electric van in Australia comes from China’s LDV with a claimed range of up to 280km – but the price is more than double the diesel.
- 2023 LDV eDeliver 9 price and specifications
- Cab chassis and van body styles available
- Up to 280 km range – but with a top speed of only 90 km/h
- Priced from $99,990 Drive-Away
That 2023 LDV eDeliver 9 electric van arrived in Australia from China, priced at US$99,990 per car – more than double the cost of an equivalent diesel-powered version.
Delivery drivers who want to switch to an electric van should be in no hurry – and may have to stay in urban and metropolitan areas – as the top speed is limited to 90 km/h.
It is also unclear how much driving range is lost when carrying a load; LDV has not established a consumption guide for vans with different load weights.
Available in cab chassis or van body styles, the eDeliver 9 Series will cost $99,990 to $118,836 on arrival – that’s between two and 2.5 times the price of the equivalent diesel models, which are $47,358 to $49,464 -dollars to get there.
The eDeliver 9 is the first electric model in the “large van” category – ahead of the arrival of the Ford E-Transit early next year and the Renault Master E-Tech Electric, which is expected late next year.
The LDV eDeliver 9 cab chassis is powered by a 65kWh lithium iron phosphate battery with a range of 150km in European WLTP tests – with a “big box”.
The LDV eDeliver 9 vans achieve an 88.55 kWh battery with a stated WLTP range of 280 km in the mid-roof model or 275 km for the high-roof variant.
All models drive the front wheels with 150 kW/310 Nm – but only achieve a top speed of 90 km/h (compared to 110 km/h or 130 km/h top speeds in various states and territories).
DC fast charging from 20 to 80 percent at up to 80 kW is said to take 36 minutes for the cab chassis or 45 minutes for the vans. Charging with AC at home on an 11 kW wallbox takes 6.5 and 8 hours (figures given) respectively.
The load volume for the electric variants is unchanged at 10.97 cubic meters for the center roof van and 12.33 cubic meters for the high roof model – matching the diesel variants.
However, the payload is reduced – 1410 kg for the medium roof van (down 230 kg compared to the diesel car) or 1350 kg for the high roof van (down 270 kg) – while the braked towing capacity is limited to 1500 kg compared with about 2800 kg for the diesel series.
Standard equipment includes 16-inch wheels, halogen headlights, a 10.1-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay (but no Android Auto), a rubber floor and eight van mounting points, and a range of advanced safety features.
That 2023 LDV eDeliver 9 is now on sale.
2023 LDV eDeliver 9 Australian Prices
- eDeliver 9 Cab Chassis – $99,990
- eDeliver 9 Van LWB Center Roof – $116,537
- eDeliver 9 Van LWB High Roof – $118,836
Note: All the above prices are from the car journey.
2023 LDV eDeliver 9 standard features:
- 16 inch wheels with full size spares
- Single sliding door on passenger side (van only)
- 236 degree tailgates (van only)
- Integrated rear step (van only)
- halogen headlights
- Fog lights and rear fog lights
- Side and rear non-slip steps (vans only)
- Rubber floor for the cargo area (van only)
- Eight attachment points (van only)
- Electrically heated exterior mirrors
- 10.1-inch infotainment touchscreen with Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay
- AM/FM/DAB radio function
- 4.2 inch instrument cluster display
- Eight-way manual driver’s seat with fold-down armrest
- Seat for two passengers
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane Departure Warning
- Front parking sensors (all models)
- Rear parking sensors (Van only)
- Reversing camera (van only)
- Tire pressure monitoring (front wheels only on cab chassis)
- 2023 LDV eDeliver9 Review: Electric Van Fast Drive
- 2023 LDV eT60, eDeliver 9 and Mifa 9 confirmed for Australia
- 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 6: 614 km claimed range for electric sedan confirmed
- 2023 Renault Trafic E-Tech Electric Van: Will it come to Australia to compete with the Ford E-Transit Custom?
- 2023 LDV Mifa price and specifications