GWM’s crew cab Ute lineup now includes a new flagship Cannon Vanta variant that offers a blacked-out exterior for a $1000 premium.
- 2023 GWM Ute prices and specifications
- New Cannon Vanta variant debuted
- Adds a black exterior package for $1000
- The price is from $35,990 by car
That 2023 GWM Ute A new flagship blacked-out variant is added to the range, arriving in Australian showrooms now.
Priced from $46,490 Drive-Away, the new GWM Ute Cannon Vanta builds on the existing equipment of the Ute Cannon-X and offers some black exterior highlights.
While the Ute Cannon-X sports a slew of chrome and silver exterior trim elements, the Ute Cannon Vanta trades them for black alloy wheels, exterior badges, mirror caps, door handles, grille trim, sports bars and roof rails.
The GWM Ute last underwent a price increase in April — its fourth increase in eight months — though it’s been flat since then, with the Cannon 4×2 increasing from $35,990 for the drive-away to $38,990 for the Cannon 4×4 .
The better-equipped 4×4 variants, the Cannon-L and Cannon-X, start at $42,490 and $45,490, respectively.
All variants are powered by a 2.0-liter turbo diesel four-cylinder engine with 120 kW/400 Nm, coupled to an eight-speed automatic transmission.
The GWM Ute range is offered with a seven-year/unlimited mileage warranty and five-year roadside assistance and price-limited service.
That 2023 GWM Ute Line-up – including the new Cannon Vanta – is available now.
Year-to-date (to the end of October 2022), GWM has sold 6,292 units of the Ute in Australia, making it the seventh best-selling light commercial vehicle in Australia. About 97 percent of that — or 6073 — were the three 4×4 classes.
Below is a full list of pricing and features for the 2023 GWM Ute range.
- GWM Ute Cannon 4×2 – $35,990 (up $1000 since January)
- GWM Ute Cannon 4×4 – $38,990 (up $2000 since January)
- GWM Ute Cannon-L 4×4 – $42,490 (up $2000 since January)
- GWM Ute Cannon-X 4×4 – $45,490 (up $2000 since January)
- GWM Ute Cannon Vanta 4×4 – $46,490 (new)
Note: All the above prices are from the car journey.
2023 GWM Ute Cannon Standard Features:
- 18-inch premium alloy wheels
- Automatic LED headlights
- LED turn signals and taillights
- 9.0-inch infotainment touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 3.5 inch instrument cluster display
- Sound system with four speakers
- Comfort-Tek synthetic leather seat padding
- Six-way manual driver and four-way passenger seats
- Polyester (plastic) steering wheel.
- Manual air conditioning
- Side Steps
- Keyless entry and start
- Two front and one rear USB port
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian and cyclist detection
- Lane Departure Warning
- Adaptive cruise control
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- tire pressure monitoring
- Rear parking sensors
2023 GWM Ute Cannon-L adds (via Cannon):
- 18″ “luxury” alloy wheels
- sports bar
- Six-way power adjustable driver’s seat
- Heatable front seats
- leather steering wheel
- Sound system with six speakers
- Two-zone automatic climate control
- Rear privacy glass
- Automatically dimming rear view mirror
- Power folding side mirrors
- Parking sensors in front
- 360 degree camera
- ‘Easy up/down’ assisted tailgate
- Chrome-plated radiator grille screen
- loading ladder
2023 GWM Ute Cannon-X adds (via Cannon-L):
- 7.0 inch digital instrument display
- Charging the wireless phone
- leather upholstery
- Four-way electrically adjustable passenger seat
- voice recognition
- 60:40 split-folding second row seats (with center armrest)
- Warning door open
- Two smart keys (one smart and one “normal”)
- Power steering weight modes
- Tilt/telescopic steering wheel adjustment (tilt up only)
2023 GWM Ute Cannon Vanta adds (via Cannon-X):
- Black 18-inch alloy wheels
- Black exterior badge
- Black mirror caps, door handles, grille trim
- Sports bar and roof rails black
- 2023 GWM Shanhai Cannon: Turbo V6 and Hybrid Ute unveiled, on Australia wish list
- 2023 Haval Jolion price and specs: Turbocharged ‘S’ variant debuts
- Everything you need to know about the GWM Ute
- 2023 Lexus RX price and specs: Base price up $15,000
- Mitsubishi Outlander 2023 price and specs: The price goes up to $2500